Who: Children Ages 2.5- 6 years with ABA needs
When : Open Enrollment
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Monday through Friday
(days of enrollment based on approved number of ABA hours by insurance)
Where: Bayonne Therapy Clinic
237 Ave E
Bayonne, NJ 07002
Price: The office will check your ABA benefits of your insurance plan and let you know what your specific copay/coinsurance is per day for the program. Registration fee of $250 for full year/$150 summer program.
*** MAP ABA services is offered throughout the School Year with registration fee $250 (program closed for the following: Christmas Day, New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving)
9:00 AM-9:20 AM
- Behavior Technician greets child at the door
- Temperature is taken
- Child is brought to use the bathroom and wash their hands
- Opportunity for free play
9:20 AM-9:30 AM
Clean up and transition
9:30 AM-9:50 AM
- Hello Song
- Group movement activity(teaches following receptive instructions and gross motor imitation)
- Story time/social stories
- Song play (Encourages the use of echoic and intraverbal language).
- Group instruction-letters, numbers, colors, and shapes (Works on receptive identification and expressive identification skills).
9:50 AM-10:10 AM
*Children are given the opportunity to choose a center (block and puzzle area, dramatic play center, reading corner, art center, sensory table) they would like to play in during this time. These activities develop decision making skills, manding, tacting, socialization, imaginative play, turn taking, and gross and fine motor skills.
10:10 AM-10:20 AM
Clean up and transition
10:20 AM-11:20 AM
1:1 ABA sessions
*Children will perform discrete trial training with their designated behavior technicians.
11:20 AM-11:30 AM
Bathroom break and hand washing
11:30 AM-12:00 PM
Lunch (If a child receives feeding therapy that will be targeted during this time.) If your child demonstrates any feeding difficulties that are sensory-based, they will be addressed during snack and lunch. Also, independent feeding skills including utilization of a spoon and fork and drinking through a straw and from a cup will be encouraged with consultation from an occupational therapist.
12:00 PM-12:30 PM
*Focuses on gross motor development, social skills, communication, and interacting with others cooperatively.
12:30 PM-12:40 PM
Bathroom break and hand washing
12:40 PM-1:10 PM
*Children will relax on floor mats while soothing music plays. They are allowed access to a favorite blanket, toy, or book from home during this time for comfort. This time will promote mindfulness and reduce sensory overload.
1:10 PM-1:30 PM
1:30 PM-1:50 PM
*Activities change daily
- Arts and crafts (Works on fine motor development and cultivates creativity.)
- Speech Therapy Group*** 30 minutes of group speech offered 2x weekly to all participants
- Yoga(Reduces stress, improves concentration and balance, increases strength and flexibility, improves gross and fine motor skills, encourages peer and social interactions, leads to better sleep, and builds confidence.)
- Social skills training( Targets initiating conversations, greetings, appropriate eye contact, turn taking, how to behave in specific social circumstances, understanding emotions and facial expressions, gestures and body language, assertiveness, and empathy.)
- Music and movement(Music provides concrete, multi-sensory stimulation-auditory, visual, proprioceptive, vestibular, and tactile. It assists in the development of verbal communication, speech, and language skills.)
- Gross motor and sensory activities in the gym room (obstacle courses, swing, rock wall, trampoline, balance beam, and other proprioceptive and vestibular activities.
1:50 PM-2:00 PM
*All children will receive 2 group speech therapy sessions per week conducted by a licensed Speech therapist within the MAP day (this is complimentary and NOT billed through insurance).
*Individual speech sessions covered through insurance will be offered only on Saturdays
*A licensed Occupational Therapist will consult on appropriate feeding goals for lunchtime (this is complimentary and NOT billed through insurance).
*Individual occupational therapy sessions covered through insurance will be offered within the MAP day.
MAPPING SAFETY MEASURES
- I-Wave air purifiers have been installed within the ventilation system of the Bayonne Clinic
- No parents or guardians are permitted in the center waiting room.
- Drop off is at the door only and parents and guardians are required to wear a mask
- Windows are opened at all times within the clinic for cross ventilation
- Number of children admitted within the center and number of rooms utilized will maintain CDC guidelines for social distancing
- Most BCBAs and Behavioral Technicians are fully vaccinated or on their way to be fully vaccinated
- Staff will wear face masks and/or face shields at all times
- Hand washing will be mandated throughout the day
- Staff will clean and sanitize all toys and equipment pre and post play with a nontoxic solution with 90% alcohol (as per CDC guidelines for effective disinfectant)
- Children are encouraged to wear masks, if they are able to tolerate them.
- Clear Dividers will be used when performing tabletop activities
MAP Your Child's Journey
- Register for limited slots of accepted enrollment. Click Here
- Our Office Staff will check your ABA benefits (ITS is an in network provider for ABA with Horizon BCBS, Aetna, Cigna)
- Call the office about questions related to the program and insurance eligibility for ABA: 201-455-3144