Ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of our patients and staff is a top priority. Our office continuously monitors the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website (CDC), professional organizations (APTA), and state and local public health officials so that we have the most up to date information.
It’s important for us to share with you the steps our business is taking to protect our community
Our offices in Bayonne and West Orange had been closed for therapy services for 6 weeks since COVID-19 emerged. While closed, decontamination of all surfaces, toys, furniture, fixtures, and equipment was performed. Sterile Space Infection Defense LLC came to both offices www.sterilespace.com. Our offices were treated with the following for a healthy child and rehabilitation zone:
- Terminal Disinfection of decontaminated surfaces, etc.
- Long-term Antimicrobial coating of surfaces and other items
- UV-C Carpet Disinfection
- Urgent Response Disinfection Service for outbreaks of infection
- Drop off and pick up only - no waiting room
- OT, PT, and ABA therapists will be wearing face masks and gloves
- Speech therapists will be wearing face shields (so their mouths are visible) and gloves
- Pre and Post disinfection of treatment area including toys, materials, and surfaces
- Sessions scheduling scattered throughout the day for least interaction between treatments
Clients with ABA home services may continue as per ITS therapists' comfort level. We understand that the disruption of routine, school and environment to our children with ASD is detrimental to their health and well being. In many cases, ABA services are the only support to our children and families at this time. With that being said, we leave the decision of continuing ABA services to the discretion of the technician, BCBA, and family. Herewith, BCBAs are able to communicate via telehealth to support supervision and family training, if desired. You are always welcome to resume ABA services in either clinic.
Please know that we are here for you, and we look forward to welcoming you to our offices in a safe and comfortable manner. Our office staff is available by phone during regular business hours to answer any questions.
We will get through this together!